Sorcery Of Thorns is a standalone fantasy novel written by Margaret Rogerson.
All sorcerers are evil. Elisabeth has known that as long as she has known anything. Raised as a foundling in one of Austermeer’s Great Libraries, Elisabeth has grown up among the tools of sorcery—magical grimoires that whisper on shelves and rattle beneath iron chains. If provoked, they transform into grotesque monsters of ink and leather. She hopes to become a warden, charged with protecting the kingdom from their power.
Then an act of sabotage releases the library’s most dangerous grimoire. Elisabeth’s desperate intervention implicates her in the crime, and she is torn from her home to face justice in the capital. With no one to turn to but her sworn enemy, the sorcerer Nathaniel Thorn, and his mysterious demonic servant, she finds herself entangled in a centuries-old conspiracy. Not only could the Great Libraries go up in flames, but the world along with them.
As her alliance with Nathaniel grows stronger, Elisabeth starts to question everything she’s been taught—about sorcerers, about the libraries she loves, even about herself. For Elisabeth has a power she has never guessed, and a future she could never have imagined.
There are 36 chapters and an epilogue.
- Elisabeth Scrivener — Elisabeth is sixteen years old and an orphan. She spent all her life in a library.
- Nathaniel Thorn — Eighteen years old Nathaniel is a sorcerer of the House Thorn.
- Silas — Nathaniel's servant.
- Lorelei — Ashcroft's servant.
- Oberon Ashcroft — Minister of Magic and the main antagonist of the book.
- Katrien Quillworthy — Elisabeth's best friend.
- The Owlcrate Edition is signed, it includes a Sorcery of Thorns-inspired Book Sleeve (designed by Chatty Nora), a letter from the author, and a sticker decal.
- The Litjoycrate Edition is signed, it includes a reversible dust jacket, a letter from the author, art in the book, and trading cards.